- Preparation and cooking time
- No cook
- Serves 2
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- ½ small bunch of cucumber, peeled into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 150g sugar snap peas, halved at an angle
- ½ small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp honey
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 small garlic cloves, grated
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- STEP 1
Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiled water from the kettle. Leave for 3-5 mins to soften, then drain and plunge the noodles into a bowl of cold water to prevent them drying out. Set aside.
- STEP 2
Whisk all the dressing ingredients with 2 tsp cold water in a small bowl and season lightly. Put the carrots, cucumber ribbons, sugar snap peas and half the coriander in a bowl, then toss with half the dressing.
- STEP 3
Drain the noodles well, then toss with the vegetables. Divide between two plates, then top with the rest of the coriander and the peanuts. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side for drizzling over.