- Preparation and cooking time
- makes 4
- 150g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 egg , beaten
- ½ tbsp maple syrup , plus extra to serve
- 150ml full-fat milk or semi-skimmed milk
- vegetable oil , for frying
- a few drops red food colouring
- icing sugar , for dusting
You will need
- 2 squeezy bottles
- STEP 1
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Combine the wet ingredients in a jug and gradually pour into the dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth batter forms.
- STEP 2
Put 2 tbsp of the batter in a small bowl and mix in a few drops of red food colouring. Transfer to a squeezy bottle.
- STEP 3
Put 1/3 of the remaining batter into the other squeezy bottle, and the remaining 2/3 into a jug.
- STEP 4
Gently heat a drizzle of oil in a non-stick pan. Squeeze some batter into an outline of Rudolph, drawing two holes for eyes. Fill the rest with batter from the jug. Make a nose using the coloured batter. Cook for 1-2 mins, flip and cook for 1 min more. Repeat to make four pancakes. Serve with icing sugar and maple syrup.