Quick chicken chasseur
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 8 rashers streaky bacon, chopped into large pieces
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 200g pack baby button mushroom
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 400g tin chopped tomato with garlic
- 1 beef stock cube
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- handful of parsley, chopped
- STEP 1
Heat a shallow saucepan and sizzle the bacon for about 2 mins until starting to brown. Throw in the chicken, then fry for 3-4 mins until it has changed colour. Turn up the heat and throw in the mushrooms. Cook for a few mins, stir in the flour, then cook until a paste forms.
- STEP 2
Tip in the tomatoes, stir, then crumble in the stock cube. Bubble everything for 10 mins, splash in the Worcestershire sauce, stir through the parsley, then serve with mash or boiled rice.