Prawn & coconut laksa
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 1 spring onion , finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 green chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- juice from ½ lime
- 100g raw prawns , any size
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g dried egg noodles
- chopped coriander , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat the oil in a large pan or wok. When hot, throw in the garlic, spring onion, ginger and green chilli. Cook on a medium heat for 3-4 mins, then squeeze in your lime juice.
- STEP 2
Stir in the prawns, then add in the coconut milk and stock. Simmer gently for 5 mins on a low heat until the prawns are pink.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook your egg noodles in a pan of boiling water for 4 mins until soft. Drain, then tip into the laksa pan. Season to taste, then serve in a bowl, topped with coriander.