- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200ml passata or canned tomatoes, whizzed to a paste
- 1 garlic clove , finely sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp red pepper salsa (we used Gran Luchito) or ¼-½ red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander and pitta bread, to serve
- STEP 1
Brush a microwave bowl or dish with a little of the oil. Stir the passata, garlic and salsa together and season well. Tip into the bowl and make a dip in the centre. Break in the egg, then prick the yolk with the tip of a sharp knife.
- STEP 2
Cover the bowl with its lid or clingfilm. Microwave on high for 1 min, and then in 20 sec bursts until the white is set. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the warmed pitta.