Points to remember
- Mix the batter ingredients with a whisk until smooth and lump free.
- If you have time, leave the batter to rest for an hour or so.
- Put your crêpe pan on the heat (you can also use a non-stick frying pan) and add a small amount of oil (use a flavourless oil like sunflower or vegetable oil). Wipe off the excess oil in the pan with kitchen paper.
- Pour about half a ladleful of batter into the pan and swirl around as soon as the batter hits the pan, this will distribute the mix evenly. Don’t be tempted to add too much batter, you want the pancakes to be nice and thin.
- Leave the pancake to cook for about 1 min or until it’s just starting to pull away from the sides of the pan and is golden brown underneath.
- To cook the other side either flip it over or turn it with a fish slice or spatula and leave it for another 30 sec or so to finish cooking.
- Transfer to a serving plate, or if you want to prepare them ahead - stack the pancakes with sheets of baking parchment in between each one and reheat later in a low oven or in the microwave.
MAKING PANCAKESTo make a batch of pancakes, put greaseproof paper between each layer. Reheat them under a low heat in the oven,or microwave for 30 seconds to a minute.