Goat’s cheese, pear & walnut tartines
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 small pears
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 slices good-quality bread (we used a seeded sourdough), sliced
- 200g log soft goat's cheese
- small handful chives , chopped
- 50g walnuts , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- salad leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Heat a griddle pan. Cut the pears into quarters or eighths, brush with the oil and season. Cook for a few mins until charred on all sides, then drizzle with the honey.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile, toast the bread. Spread with the goat’s cheese and top with the sticky pears, chives and walnuts. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and serve with some dressed salad leaves.