Gluten-free storecupboard fishcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus chilling
- Serves 3
- 2 large potatoes (about 550g/1lb 4oz), cut into small chunks
- 2 x 120g cans of tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 lemon , 0.5 juiced, 0.5 cut into wedges
- 0.5 small pack chives , snipped
- 1 egg , beaten
- 4 spring onions , chopped
- 4 tbsp gluten-free mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour , for dusting
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- mixed leaves , to serve
- STEP 1
Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover in cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cook for about 8 mins until tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry for 2 mins.
- STEP 2
Mash the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the tuna and combine, breaking it up with a fork, then add the lemon juice and chives. Season well, add the egg and use your hands to bring everything together. Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into fishcakes. Chill for 10 mins to firm up.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, mix the spring onions with the mayonnaise and chill until ready to serve. To cook the fishcakes, heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and lightly dust the fishcakes with flour. Cook half for 3-4 mins each side until golden and warmed through, then repeat with the rest of the fishcakes.
- STEP 4
Serve with the mayonnaise, a lemon wedge and some mixed leaves.