Chorizo & chickpea soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Serves 2
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 110g pack of chorizo sausage (unsliced)
- 140g wedge Savoy cabbage
- sprinkling dried chilli flakes
- 410g can chickpea , drained and rinsed
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube
- crusty bread or garlic bread, to serve
- STEP 1
Put a medium pan on the heat and tip in the tomatoes, followed by a can of water. While the tomatoes are heating, quickly chop the chorizo into chunky pieces (removing any skin) and shred the cabbage.
- STEP 2
Pile the chorizo and cabbage into the pan with the chilli flakes and chickpeas, then crumble in the stock cube. Stir well, cover and leave to bubble over a high heat for 6 mins or until the cabbage is just tender. Ladle into bowls and eat with crusty or garlic bread.