- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , finely chopped
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 450g potato , coarsely grated and any excess liquid squeezed out
- 6 medium eggs , beaten
- 100g frozen pea
- small pack coriander , roughly chopped
- mango chutney, natural yogurt and naan bread , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan and fry the onion for about 10 mins over a medium heat until golden. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for 1-2 mins.
- STEP 2
Next, add the grated potatoes and cook for 5-8 mins, stirring occasionally. You want the potatoes to soften, but also catch a little and turn golden in patches. Season the eggs, then pour into the pan with the peas and most of the coriander, swirling to coat the potato mixture. Cook for 1 min more, then transfer to the oven for 10 mins until the eggs have set. Sprinkle with the remaining coriander and serve with mango chutney, natural yogurt and naan bread, if you like.