All-in-one chunky winter broth
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 2litres/3½ pints vegetable stock
- 4 carrots , peeled and sliced
- 2 x 420g/15oz cans mixed beans , drained and rinsed
- 175g spinach
- 1 tbsp roasted red pepper pesto
- STEP 1
Tip the canned tomatoes into a saucepan along with the stock, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and throw in the carrots. Gently simmer the soup until the carrots are cooked, about 15 minutes.
- STEP 2
Stir in the pulses and spinach and heat until the spinach has wilted. Spoon in the pesto and gently mix into the soup. Serve with some crusty bread.